Wednesday, November 28, 2012

"Menues" and another Menu 11-28-12

"Menues" and another Menu

     Cleaning out a drawer, I came across a few pages written by my granddaughter Reagen, probably when she was six or seven, who is now a senior in high school. She had written a cafe-type menu, and I almost remember her writing it while I was cooking. A sample:

                                              Menue
sandwithes
egg's and biscuts bacon too $3.00
towst and jelly, Butter, and jam ect.
stake with vegteble's $2.50
liminade
rolls for apatisers
Dresing
Sweet potato with marshmellow

   I love menus, so here is one for appetisers and such: (any misspelling is my mistake!)

Paleo Style Sort-of Cocktail Party

Appetisers and Tapas
Pecan crusted salmon squares
Lettuce wraps w/grilled chicken and hot pepper jelly
Thin-sliced meat rollups w/grilled bell pepper strips
Grilled portabello mushroom caps w/salsa and black olives
Pan-fried green tomatoes w/roumelade sauce
Shredded cabbage, carrot and pineapple coleslaw w/pepitas
Almond butter-stuffed celery sticks
Baked sweet potato chips w/steak seasoning
Garlic kale chips
Avocado halves with olive and onion tampenade

Sweets
Almond flour cookies
Coconut macaroons
Grilled pineapple spears
Baked apples

Drinks
Coffee w/caramel flavoring
Hot apple juice w/cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice (or Red Hots)
Crystal Light slushies

   This coud likely be my menu for a pre-Christmas party, although I have to admit, I would probably add a bunch on non-Paleo items out of habit and indulgence. Perhaps this will inspire you, too! Thanks, Reagen.

No comments:

Post a Comment